FAST FACTS feature @butfirstletsread Bookstagram
On the 18th November 2020, @butfirstletsread are featuring me in their Bookstagram authors feature: FAST FACTS - a 'get to know the author' feature that introduces some of their favourite writers to their Bookstagram followers.
Here's how Tammy describes herself and the purpose of @butfirstletsread:
"After being an avid reader for most of my childhood and early teen years, I spent close to two decades reading nothing more than an occasional magazine. In my early 30’s, I picked up a book at the recommendation of a friend, and I was hooked! I’ve read nearly every day since, mostly romance of all genres; and I enjoy being a part of a growing book community. I love to recommend and discuss my favorite books, and I’m always looking for new and amazing authors.
When I’m not reading and writing book reviews, I work full time in Property Management. I’ve been married for nearly 27 years and I’m a mom to 3 boys. Aside from books, I enjoy listening to hard rock and heavy metal music, starting every day with a cup of coffee (or two), and hanging out on social media."
Here's a sneak peak at their 10 fun facts about me!
1. I proposed to my husband… it was my turn! He proposed in Paris, outside Notre Dame (before the fire L) and I proposed a year later on a beach in Australia.
2. I once swam with sharks at the Great Barrier Reef. Reef sharks, rather than great whites but they certainly got my heart pumping.
3. My first book was published in lockdown. I’d written for years (and had completed several novels) but as lockdown began it was finally time to take the plunge and approach a publisher – and I received a ‘yes’!
4. Every Christmas my family and I dress up in Santa suits and complete the Chester Santa dash for charity. It’s amazing – a sea of Santas, all running through the city for a good cause.
5. I’ve slept in a floating raft house and in a tree house – both in Thailand. At both I was devoured by ants!
6. I like to kayak, whether that’s on a lake in the Lake District, or in the ocean.
7. I have a weird obsession with growing things. When I have an orange, or use a lemon, I save the seeds and grow them into trees.
8. A member of my family was on the Titanic. He worked in the engine room and went down with the ship.
9. I’ve driven a team of huskies in the Arctic Circle – or rather they took me for a ride.
10. I had an emergency C-section on Christmas day while the doctors played Christmas carols and sang. Best damn present I ever received!
Blurb for The Guardians' Trust: Ana (book 1)
Some women are born identical - one in the human world, one in the jungle of the Other Realm. It is their fate to change places. In The Guardians’ Trust series Doubles embrace their fate with the men born for them…
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU LEARNT THERE WERE TWO OF YOU?
Dr Ana Jones learns it is her destiny to leave the human world and cross into an Amazonian realm to join the Resistance who are fighting for survival – a fate that is akin to stepping back in time... A Double, she must pass through the gateway and marry a stranger.
HE WAS BORN FOR HER
A warrior, leading the Resistance is Brenin’s life but Ana is his fate. Brenin embraces his marriage, and the shapeshifting gift his mating brings, but will her love be enough to help both man and panther survive the war?
To find out about The Guardians’ Trust series click here and visit my books page where you can find the blurb for the first three books.